Western States Auction Association
Welcome to Western States Auction Association
WSAA exists to promote the auction method of marketing through professional and ethical auctioneering practices in the state of California.
This site is a resource for the many members of the Western States Auction Association to bring you information about themselves and the many auctions conducted by association members.
California has one of the largest auction markets in the country. Many association members conduct auction sales not only in the state but nationwide. Their auctions draw bidders from all 50 states and internationally.
We recognize our mandates in the following manner:
- To encourage and develop high ethical standards within the auction industry and to recognize those who’s outstanding contributions have made a positive impact on our profession.
- To provide our membership with learning opportunities by recognizing the importance of knowledge through continuing education and futures planning.
- To review and develop information on technology changes in the field of auction marketing to better assist our members in providing cost effective services
- To encourage and develop opportunities to network and exchange ideas with other professionals in our industry.
- To develop and disseminate educational programs designed to enhance public trust and confidence in the auction method of marketing and to ensure those individuals providing these services are qualified.
- To work with the National Auctioneers Association in the promotion of auction marketing to governmental agencies, private industry and the general public.
- To develop and promote programs designed to increase membership and participation within the association and the National Auctioneers Association.